Wednesday, October 16, 2013

At the moment .

Hi everyone! This isn't the usual outfit post and I know it's been a while since I last blogged. I missed blogging big time and since our board exam's over, I've got the time now but I'm really nervous because the results aren't out yet. Here's a really delayed post, this will be a lengthy reflection-ish post. Haha! I went museum hopping last summer from the cultural center of Macao to the Science Center. I decided to go alone because I just wanted to have some thinking time to figure out what I wanted to happen next in my life because I was about to graduate from college. That time I told myself I should just focus on preparing for the board exam. I kept telling myself, "one at a time, Pat. One at a time." Right now, I'm in that very state again, not so sure what to do now that the board exam's over. My parents think I shouldn't work yet cause I'm still "young", they'd rather send me to school again but Macau's school year began last September so I'm late for that already.  

You see, besides the numbers, principles and the mind boggling that comes with the course I've taken, a part of me is in love with the arts, though accounting is also considered an art but what I'm referring to are paintings. I used to have painting classes during the summer back in primary and secondary school. It's always been my dream to have my paintings exhibited in the cultural center. Never had the chance but for 2 consecutive summers they were exhibited at UNESCO, close enough to the cultural center (physically). My point is there's something with paintings, sketches and the like which has a therapeutic effect, an outlet. It allows you to have your own interpretation of the piece and you can just sit and stare then your mind would be floating around with random thoughts. At the end of the day, it'll feel productive as long as I get to figure things out (not 100% figured out) and meet the very objective I had in mind, which is to find out the next step for my "one at a time goal achieving" strategy. The silence in the museum and the art, the view outside. Perfection.

The view outside the cultural center.



That's the Science Center, this shot's taken from the cultural center.




















 And I'm thinking I'll be needing another trip to the museum. 


 

2 comments:

  1. What amazing photos! Looks like you've been up to a lot recently. Loving the floral skirt in the first shot :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos! :) <3 I love it!!
    Want to follow each other on GFC?
    xoxo
    www.fashfab.blogspot.com

    Would you also like our facebook page? www.facebook.com/fashfabx

    ReplyDelete